Head of Space Plasma Department of Space Research Institute of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and National Space Agency of Ukraine.
Doctor in physics amd mathematics, professor. Specialist in space physics and plasma physics. Honored worker of space industry of Ukraine.
He graduated from the Special Department of Physics of the Moscow Engineering Physics Institute.
Author of 191 scientific papers including 3 monographs. Have publications in the journals “Advances in Space Research”, “The Astrophysical Journal”, “Planetary and Space Science”, “Annales of Geophysicae”, “Astronomy and Astrophysics”, “Solar Physics”, “Physics of Plasmas”, “Ukrainian Journal of Physics”, “Kinematics and Physics of Terrestrial Bodies”, “Space science and Technology” and others. (The list of the most considerable publications during last 5 years is enclosed). Took part in the international and native conferences including COSPAR scientific assembly, International Congress on Plasma Physics, European Physical Society Conference on Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion and others.
Representative of National Committee of Ukraine in COSPAR (International Committee on Space Researches), member of Space Researches Council of NAS of Ukraine and Scientific Committee on the problem ” Plasma physics and Plasma Electronics” of the NAS of Ukraine.
Took part in the preparation of the number of space experiments.
Initiator and organizer of the UK-Ukrainian-Spanish conferences on solar physics and space researches. Foundator of Ukrainian Space Research Conferences.
Leader and responsible executor of the grants of American Physical Society, grants of the governments of Austria and Sweden as well as grants of European scientific association FP 7 and HORIZON of 2020 year, grants of Ukrainian centre of science and technology (N-37-2004, N 6060-2015), Science and technology affairs state committee of Ukraine, projects of the focused programme of scientific investigations of NAS of Ukraine “Plasma physics and plasma electronics: fundamental researches and applications” and Focused complex programme of NAS of Ukraine of space researches.
Trained five Ph.D.
Most important publications during last 5 years:
- Oleg K. Cheremnykh, Alla K. Fedorenko, Evgen I. Kryuchkov, Yuriy A. Selivanov. Evanescent acoustic-gravity modes in the isothermal atmosphere: systematization, applications to the Earth’s and Solar Ann. Geophys. 37, 1–11, 2019. DOI: 10.5194/angeo-37-405-2019
- Cheremnykh, V.Fedun, Y.Ladikov-Roev, G.Verth. On the Stability of Incompressible MHD Modes in Magnetic Cylinder with Twisted Magnetic Field and Flow. The Astrophysical Journal, 866 (2), 2018, DOI: 10.3847/1538-4357/aadb9f
- Cheremnykh, S.Cheremnykh, L.Kozak and E.Kronberg. Magnetohydrodynamic waves and the Kelvin-Helmholtz instability at the boundary of plasma mediums. Physics of Plasmas, 25, 102119, 2018. DOI: 10.1063/1.5048913
- Cheremnykh O.K., Kryshtal A.N., Tkachenko A.A.. Kink mode m=1 in magnetic tube with discontinuous magnetic field. Advances in Space Research, 61(2), P. 603-610, 201 DOI: 10.1016/j.asr.2017.05.026
- Fedorenko A.K., Kryuchkov E.I., Cheremnykh O.K., Klymenko Yu.O., Yampolski Yu.M. Pecularities of acoustic-gravity waves in inhomogeneous flows of the polar thermosphere. J. of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics. 178, 17-23, 2018. DOI:10.1016/j.jastp.2018.05.009
- Rapoport Yu.G., Cheremnykh O.K., Коshovy V. V., Melnik M. O., Ivantyshyn О.L., Nogach R.Т., Selivanov Yu.A., Grimalsky V.V., Mezentsev V. P., Karataeva L.M, Ivchenko V.N., Milinevsky G.P., Fedun V.N. and Tkachenko E. N. Ground-Based Acoustic Parametric Generator Impact on Atmosphere and Ionosphere in Active Experiment. Annales Geophysicae, 35(1), 53-70, 2017. DOI:10.5194/angeo-35-53-2017
- Cheremnykh O.K., Fedun V.N., Kryshtal A.N. and Verth G. Incompressible magnetohydrodynamic modes in the thin magnetically twisted flux tube. Astronomy & Astrophysics, 604, A62, 2017. DOI: 1051/0004-6361/201629863
- Klimushkin D.Y., Nakariakov V.M., Mager P.N., Cheremnykh O.K. Corrugation Instability of a Coronal Arcade. Solar Physics, 292(12), P. 184-292, 2017. DOI:1007/s11207-017-1209-x
- Bespalova A.V., Fedorenko A.K., Cheremnykh, O.K., Zhuk I. Sattelite observations of wave disturbances caised by moving solar terminator. J. Atmosph. Solar-Terr. Physics, 140, P. 79-85, 2016. DOI:10.1016/j.jastp.2016.02.012
- Fedorenko A.K, Bespalova A.V, Cheremnykh O.K. and Kryuchkov E.I. A dominant acoustic-gravity mode in the polar thermosphere. Annales Geophysicae, 33,101-108, 2015. DOI: 5194/angeo-33-101-2015
Phone: +38 044 526 3146