Plasma is a quasi-neytral gas of charged and neutral particles, which basic properties are determined by collective interaction of charged particles.
For what it is necessary to study plasma?
– Because most of the observable matter in the universe is in the plasma state.
– Because the Sun, the solar wind, magnetosphere and ionosphere is a plasma formations.
– Because it has wide application: controlled thermonuclear fusion, MHD generators, plasma engines, gas discharge, etc.
– Because it is closely related branches of science such as astrophysics, solar physicsб solar-terrestrial relations, geophysics.
Research methods of space plasma physics
– Direct and distance measurement using spacecrafts.
– Ground-based observations.
– Laboratory studies.
– Theory and simulation.
– Plasma equilibrium .
– Plasma unstability.
– Stationary movement of plasma.
– Dusty plasma.
– The stability of plasma in tokamaks and stellarators is investigated.
– Equilibrium of plasma with flow in a cylindrical plasma column in tokamaks is investigated.
– A theory of quasi-fluting modes in toroidal magnetic traps is created.
– The resulting dispersion relations for the Suydam problem are obtained.
– The influence of high-energy particles on GAM stellarator modes and balloon tokamak modes is studied.
– The MHD modes in magnetic plasma tubes with a free boundary are investigated.
– Relaxation of plasma with flow in gravitational fields is investigated.
– The distribution of charge on the dusty particles of space plasma is investigated.
– The turbulent processes in solar and magnetospheric plasma are investigated.